WHAT ARE THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO BECOME A REGISTERED PATIENT?
- Be a resident of the State of Illinois at the time of application and remain a resident during participation in the program;
- Have a qualifying debilitating medical condition;
- Have a signed physician certification (unless you are a veteran receiving medical care at a VA facility);
- Complete the fingerprint-based background check within 30 days of submitting your application and not have been convicted of an excluded offense (a felony under the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, Cannabis Control Act, or Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, or similar provisions in a local ordinance or other jurisdiction), unless the Department waives such a conviction(s);
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Not hold a school bus permit or Commercial Driver’s License; and
- Not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer, or firefighter.