CAN I SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ON-LINE?
Yes, you can submit an online application here: https://medicalcannabispatients.illinois.gov/
I DON'T WANT TO REGISTER ONLINE, HOW DO I APPLY TO BECOME A REGISTERED PATIENT?
Patients must submit a completed Application for Registry Identification Card for Qualifying Patients. The state of Illinois is currently reviewing all applications on a first-come first-serve basis. We urge all those who meet the basic qualifications to submit their application as soon as possible as it can take up to 60 days from the time of submission until your application is approved.
HOW DOES A MINOR APPLY FOR PATIENT REGISTRATION WITH THE STATE?
Patients must submit a completed Minor Qualifying Patient Application.
WHAT SPECIFIC FORMS NEED TO BE COMPLETED AS PART OF MY APPLICATION?
Caregiver Application Form (if applicable, not required)
WHAT ARE THE SPECIFIC ITEMS THAT I NEED FOR MY APPLICATION?
- A signed and completed application form.
- Proof of residency.
- Proof of identity of the qualifying patient.
- Proof of age of the qualifying patient.
- Photograph of the qualifying patient (Contact the Department’s Division of Medical Cannabis if a photograph would be in violation of or contradictory to the qualifying patient or designated caregiver’s religious convictions).
- Physician written certification or appropriate documentation for veterans receiving medical care at a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs facility; your physician must mail in this form.
- Designated caregiver information, if applicable.
- Copy of the fingerprint consent form.
- Excluded offense waiver, if applicable.
- Selection of medical cannabis dispensary or zone.
- Application fee.
WHAT ARE THE FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROGRAM?
The state of Illinois has a variety of fees that are associated with this program. They have provided an overall breakdown of these fees and other costs related to patient registration on this website.