- Be a resident of the State of Illinois at the time of application and remain a resident during participation in the program;
- Have a qualifying debilitating medical condition;
- Have a signed physician certification (unless you are a veteran receiving medical care at a VA facility);
- Complete the fingerprint-based background check within 30 days of submitting your application and not have been convicted of an excluded offense (a felony under the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, Cannabis Control Act, or Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, or similar provisions in a local ordinance or other jurisdiction), unless the Department waives such a conviction(s);
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Not hold a school bus permit or Commercial Driver’s License; and
- Not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer, or firefighter.
Patients must submit a completed Application for Registry Identification Card for Qualifying Patients. The state of Illinois is currently reviewing all applications on a first-come first-serve basis. We urge all those who meet the basic qualifications to submit their application as soon as possible as it can take up to 60 days from the time of submission until your application is approved.
- A signed and completed application form.
- Proof of residency.
- Proof of identity of the qualifying patient.
- Proof of age of the qualifying patient.
- Photograph of the qualifying patient (Contact the Department’s Division of Medical Cannabis if a photograph would be in violation of or contradictory to the qualifying patient or designated caregiver’s religious convictions).
- Physician written certification or appropriate documentation for veterans receiving medical care at a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs facility; your physician must mail in this form.
- Designated caregiver information, if applicable.
- Copy of the fingerprint consent form.
- Excluded offense waiver, if applicable.
- Selection of medical cannabis dispensary or zone.
- Application fee.
The state of Illinois has a variety of fees that are associated with this program. They have provided an overall breakdown of these fees and other costs related to patient registration on this website.
You should designate MedMar Rockford, Inc. as your dispensary of choice which is located in DISTRICT 16 on page 1 of the Patient Application Form. Once MedMar has opened its facility, you may visit and become registered with MedMar at the Rockford site, located within District 16. Specifics of this process are yet to be disclosed by the State of Illinois. We will keep you posted with updates via Facebook, or you can join our newsletter to get specific instructions via email.
Any qualified Illinois resident can become a patient of MedMar. You do NOT have to live in District 16 to register at the MedMar Rockford location, you can live anywhere in the state of Illinois. MedMar Rockford is centrally located and easily accessed via Interstate 90 and serves patients from residents of Boone, Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Winnebago counties and beyond.